There are many possible reasons why your business computer won’t start. Here are some things you can try to fix it:
- Check the power supply. Make sure that the power cord is plugged in securely and that the outlet is working. You can also try plugging the computer into a different outlet.
- Remove any unnecessary devices. Disconnect any external devices, such as printers, scanners, or external hard drives. This will help to eliminate any potential conflicts.
- Reset the BIOS. The BIOS is the basic input/output system, and it controls how the computer boots up. Resetting the BIOS can sometimes fix problems with the boot process.
- Boot into Safe Mode. Safe Mode is a diagnostic mode that allows you to start your computer with a limited set of drivers and services. This can help you to identify and fix problems that are preventing your computer from starting normally.
- Run a diagnostic tool. There are many diagnostic tools available that can help you to identify problems with your computer. These tools can scan your hard drive for errors, check your memory, and test other components.
- Restore your computer to a previous point in time. If you have created a system restore point, you can use it to restore your computer to a time when it was working properly.
- Reinstall Windows. If all else fails, you may need to reinstall Windows. This will erase all of your data, so make sure to back it up first.
If you are not comfortable troubleshooting your computer yourself, you can take it to a computer repair shop.
Here are some additional tips for troubleshooting a computer that won’t start:
- Pay attention to any error messages that appear on the screen. These messages can provide clues about the cause of the problem.
- If you are able to boot into Safe Mode, try running a virus scan. A virus infection can sometimes prevent a computer from starting properly.
- If you have recently made any changes to your computer, such as installing new hardware or software, try reverting those changes.
You can contact MDofPC Doctor of Computers for an IT Professional to assist.