Onsite IT computer recycling and data destruction is important for a number of reasons. First, when old or outdated computers are recycled properly, it keeps harmful toxins and chemicals from entering the environment. Second, by securely destroying old hard drives and other storage media, you protect your company against identity theft and fraud. Finally, recycling and destroying computers is the law in many states and cities.
That’s where MDof PC steps in. We are Pittsburgh’s leading provider of free onsite IT computer recycling and data destruction services for businesses. We recycle all computers, regardless of make, model, or condition, and we destroy all hard drives and other storage media using the most secure methods available.
What Methods do We Use for Data Destruction?
We use three proven methods for data destruction: overwriting, degaussing, and physical destruction of the media.
- Overwriting involves covering up old data with new information. This is typically done using software that writes random strings of data over the entire surface of the hard drive.
- Degaussing erases the magnetic field of the storage media, rendering the data unrecoverable. This is typically done using a degausser, which is a powerful electromagnet.
- Physical destruction of the media involves physically destroying the hard drive or other storage media so that it can never be used again. This is typically done using a shredder or crusher.
Benefits of Using These Methods
There are many benefits to using these methods, but the most important is that they are all highly effective at destroying data. Some of the other benefits include:
- They are all permanent: once the data is destroyed, it can never be recovered.
- They are all quick: you can destroy hundreds of hard drives in a matter of hours.
- They are all safe: these methods do not release any harmful toxins or chemicals into the environment.
- They are all compliant: these methods meet all local, state, and federal laws regarding computer recycling and data destruction.
Who Do We Offer Our Services To?
We offer our services to businesses of all sizes, from small businesses to large enterprises. We also work with government agencies and other organizations that have a need for free laptop recycling, free computer disposal, free IT equipment recycling, and free data destruction services.
However, the vast majority of our clients are small businesses. That’s because we offer the most competitive rates for small businesses, and we provide a free onsite consultation to help you determine the best way to recycle or destroy your computers and data.
Consult us if you have the following devices that need to be data recycled or destroyed with a maximum of 10 years old age:
- Servers: the servers may have reached end-of-life and are no longer supported by the manufacturer.
- Workstations: like servers, workstations may have reached end-of-life and are no longer supported by the manufacturer.
- Desktops: desktop computers may be outdated or no longer needed.
- Laptops: if you have laptops that are no longer needed, we can recycle them for you.
- Tablets: like laptops, if you have tablets that are no longer needed, we can recycle them for you.
- LCD monitors: LCD monitors can be recycled or destroyed.
We work with companies of all sizes to provide the best possible solution for their IT recycling and data destruction needs.
What’s the Process?
The process is simple:
Step One: Meet the Maximum Age Criteria
The maximum age for computers that we recycle is ten years. This age limit ensures that the computers are still in good working condition and can be recycled responsibly. Also, a minimum of five computers are required for free e-waste pickup.
Step Two: Schedule a Pickup
The next step is to schedule a pickup time. We will come to your location and pick up the computers at no charge.
Step Three: Choose Your Data Destruction Method
Once we have picked up the computers, you will need to choose a data destruction method. We offer three methods: physical destruction, degaussing, and erasure.
Step Four: Certification of Destruction
Once the data has been destroyed, you will receive a certification of destruction within 30 days of pickup. This certificate is your proof that the data has been destroyed and can be used for your records.
Step Five: Responsible Recycling
After the data has been destroyed, the computers will be recycled responsibly. We will make sure that all of the materials are reused or recycled in an environmentally-friendly manner.
Why Choose MDofPC?
There are many reasons to choose MDofPC for your free computer recycling and data destruction needs. Some of the reasons include:
- We are a local company that is based in Pittsburgh: We are a local company that is based in Pittsburgh, and we have been serving the area for over ten years.
- We offer free onsite consultations: We offer free onsite consultations to help you determine the best way to recycle or destroy your computers and data.
- We offer competitive rates: We offer competitive rates for small businesses.
- We provide a free onsite pick-up service: We provide a free onsite pick-up service for businesses in the Pittsburgh area.
- We use the latest data destruction methods: We only use the latest DOD (department of defense) approved data destruction methods.
- We offer a certification of destruction: Once the data has been destroyed, you will receive a certification of destruction within 30 days of pickup.
- We are a responsible recycler: We recycle all computers in an environmentally-friendly manner.
Contact Us Today!
If you’re looking for a well-known data destruction services company or an e-waste management solutions company, please contact us today. We will be more than happy to help you with all of your needs. Not only do we offer a free onsite consultation, but we also offer a free onsite pick-up service for businesses in the Pittsburgh area.
We use only the latest DOD-approved data destruction methods, and you will receive a certification of destruction within 30 days of pickup. We are also responsible for free e-waste disposal and free e-waste recycling for all computers in an environmentally-friendly manner. So, please contact us today to learn more about our services!